Evergreen-Partners is proud to be a sponsor of Christine Regan in her climb to base camp one on Mount Everest. Her climb will take her 18,192 feet to the south base camp in Nepal.
Her climb and that of her climbing companions will raise money for CARE to assist in their fight against global poverty. The Evergreen-Partners Giving Fund has donated money to support Christine in her challenging but very worthwhile effort.
While you may have heard of CARE, you may not realize that CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. CARE places special focus on working alongside poor women because they believe that, equipped with the proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty. Women are at the heart of CARE's community-based efforts to improve basic education, prevent the spread of disease, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity and protect natural resources. CARE also delivers emergency aid to survivors of war and natural disasters, and helps people rebuild their lives.
There is also a symbolic reason for Christine's trek, and that is to provide her with a personal challenge that will require her to overcome fear and great physical difficulty by embracing a team and her own uncompromised resolve to reach a challenging goal.
Sharon Wood, the first North American woman to summit Everest and to do so on a new route and without Sherpa assistance, serves as inspiration to Christine. The following principles promoted by Sharon will serve to propel Christine 18,192 feet, and should serve the rest of us in our daily lives to achieve our personal challenges and goals right here around sea level:
- Harness the power of passion and curiosity
- Maximizing courage while diminishing fear
- Learning to LEAD from where we ARE
- Fostering a SHARED VISION
- Embracing the value of diversity
- Accomplishing more with less
- Being and living our potential
- Thriving through change and adversity
- Performing versus conforming
- Integrating personal aspirations with the teams aspirations
- Recognizing, giving and receiving support
- Looking outside the box for creative solutions
- Maintaining momentum and staying the course
- Believing BETTER is POSSIBLE
- Expanding possibilities
The team at Evergreen-Partners embraces these principles, and recognizes them as critical to achieving success in business as well as in one's personal life.
We will be following Christine and providing updates and photographs as she makes her way through this arduous 2 week journey which will begin this Sunday morning. If you wish to learn more, visit Christine's site dedicated to her climb.